Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

New in Fashion During July

Obviously July has happened but I feel like it has passed by incredibly quickly. I have been seriously busy with work and I feel like I have only just managed to get into the swing of working from home. Even though the lockdown has been lifted in the UK, I am still limiting the amount I go out. I did manage to sneak out of the house for my first brunch in months! In order to treat ourselves, my brother and I went to The Ivy and it completely made my month. 

The shops have reopened in the UK but I have felt no desire to head to them as I am still nervous of public spaces. I did head to my local shopping centre and I cannot say it was an enjoyable experience, in fact it was the complete opposite, so I will continue to shop online for the time being. 

Oddly this month I have not done a whole lot of shopping and the shopping I have been doing has been more beauty related. To be honest I do not feel like I have done much beauty shopping this year and clothes have dominated my purchases but this month it has flipped. I only purchased two items this entire month and they were from the same brand so I only did one shop. What a proud moment for us all!

The Kooples

The shop I purchased from was The Kooples. I adore The Kooples, it has to be one of my favourite clothing brands but it is crazy expensive. I very rarely buy anything from the brand full price, I simply do not have that sort of money. Instead I wait for the sale and hope that they still have what I want in my size. Luckily this season they had both the items I had been eyeing up and they were still in stock when they had an extra 20% off when you bought two sale items. It all seemed to come together and I am thrilled to have been able to add these pieces to my wardrobe. 


Loose Rock-Style T-Shirt W/Tiger Screen Print

The first item I wanted was a t-shirt that I knew I would get a lot of wear from. I have a couple of the rock style tops from The Kooples and I wear them all the time as they are so easy to throw on. This time last year I bought a Marilyn Monroe Screen Print Top and I literally wear it all the time. It just works with everything else in my wardrobe, whether I am wearing joggers or if I am going out for brunch. As I have worn that other top so much when I saw the Tiger Screen Print Top, I knew it would be a great addition to my wardrobe. 

Like a lot of The Kooples designs, this top came in both black and white. Online the black looked quite dark but I know from my Marilyn top, it fades and looks like a vintage rock top with time. They stock another Tiger print top but it is part of their timeless collection so it did not go into the sale. I prefer the version that went into the sale as I am not a massive fan of the font on the other top but I have seen the other top more regularly online. The main reason I prefer this one is because the colour scheme is more muted which fits my wardrobe better.  

How Would I Wear This?

I bought this top in a size 2 on purpose, I think all of my tops from The Kooples are a size 2 because I love the oversized fit it gives. I have one top in a size 1 and it definitely suits the style of the top but I don't wear it very often simply because I prefer a baggy top. I have no tits and a baggy top covers this which is why I have always opted for them. Also they are easier to tuck and I like the option of wearing a top tucked into a skirt. 

The likelihood is, I will wear this top with: a pair of jeans, a pair of Vans and my leather jacket, that just feels like my uniform these days. Since the lockdown I cannot see the point in dressing up as much as I literally do not see anyone. When I am not leaving the house, I will probably throw on a pair of joggers, this top and call it a day. 

If I were trying to dress up this top a little bit I would tuck it into my Kooples Denim skirt that I bought during one of the sales and pair the look with my combat boots for a more grungy vibe. I feel like this top can be paired with anything but it just feels like it is best worn in a way that emphasises the more rock style of the top. This top is a classic style for The Kooples and The Kooples is all about a sophisticated feminine grunge look.


Short Frilly Dress with Floral Print

Speaking of feminine, I bought possibly one of the most girly dresses The Kooples sell and I love it. From the moment I saw the new collection back in January, I had my eye on this dress and thankfully it went into the sale. The dresses from The Kooples are ridiculously expensive but they are always gorgeous. I was lucky enough to get a dress which has a similar style to this one back in the January Sales and I love it so I am pleased to have been able to add a second dress to my collection. 

The thing that initially caught my eye about this dress was the print, I love a bit of a pink floral print and this is very much that. I love it even more when it incorporates Peony which is my favourite flower. I'm still not sure if the floral is a little bit too much but with some more miliarty style accessories, this can definitely be made to be more my style. 

I loved the print but I mostly loved the details and the cut of the dress. I love the V-neck with the ruffles, ruffles are a godsend to anyone with small boobs as it does a great job of hiding it. My favourite bit is this has the hemline of a wrap dress so you have a split at the side and a ruffled bottom which is similar to my All Saints Wrap Dress which is one of my all time favourite dresses. 

How Would I Style This?

I did mention that I would like to add military inspired accessories to toughen up this dress a little bit so I can definitely see me adding a leather belt to this dress, just to break up the print a little bit, and wearing my combat boots. I feel like in terms of the jacket you could go two ways; obviously a leather jacket would always be my first choice but also an oversized denim jacket would also look great with this dress. I feel like a washed out blue denim would work beautifully with the pink in the dress. This would keep the dress quite casual, more daytime appropriate, but you could also dress this dress up. 

With a pair of heels, something like the Primark Mules I have with a PVC strap over the top of your foot would look great with this dress if you wanted to dress up a little bit and just a biker jacket, doesn't necessarily have to be leather but probably would be. I could definitely see this becoming my new brunch dress, when I start having them more regularly. 


That's it, that was all of my clothing purchases this month! I know, I can't believe it either but this is a proud moment for all of us. I think I have simply got to a point in my wardrobe where I do not need anything and to be honest I haven't seen much I really like and feel like I must have. I usually like new clothes to go out in but as I am not going out much at the moment, I honestly cannot see the point in buying new clothes. Not only that but I just haven't felt inspired by much of what I am seeing both in the sales and in the new seasons. 

As always I have been keeping my eye on the new collection from The Kooples and there are a couple of pieces I like so I might do a round up of my top 3 pieces that I will be keeping an eye on. Other than that I can't say I have seen much I like. I say that now but I bet August's New in will now be my longest yet. 

You might also like:

Face Masks
Gymshark
Body Yogurts
June Empties
Charlotte Tilbury






Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar