Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Let's talk about eyebrows PART 1: full brow trend

The billboards and runways have flooded us for the last year with beautiful models with big full eyebrows. One of the most iconic models to bring back this trend is Cara Delevigne with her signature dark brows and blond hair.
At first I could not bring myself to like this trend, but looking at other models like Keira Knightley, I realized that the only thing I really don't like is the big contrast between the color of the hair and of the eyebrows. When I look at other actresses/models, full brows definitely make their eyes more interesting, the whole face is framed and balanced. Looking back in the years you can also find the classic beauties such as Audrey Hepburn and Elizabeth Taylor have these thick and groomed eyebrows.

In the nineties we started seeing more and more thin eyebrows like Pamela Anderson and Kate Moss. Trends are trends and everyone embraced it and ended up with some permanent damage. In fact over plucking your eyebrows for a long time will cause them not to grow back! 
So what you end up like the lady in this article resorting to eyebrow transplant! They will take hair follicles from the back of your hair and put them where your eyebrows used to be. Scary!

Personally I used to have really thick eyebrows as a child and to compensate for that, I started plucking them A LOT. Becoming a bit more aware of what looks good on me and what doesn't, I decided thin eyebrows didn't! It's been 6 months now that I have been trying to grow them back and it's working, slowly, but working.

Thankfully makeup comes to rescue disaster eyebrows and there are many techniques and products to help achieve the eyebrow you wish for. But this discussion will take up a whole other blog post coming soon!

What do you guys think? Do you like the full or thin brows? Do you do anything for them or are you blessed with perfect shape?
xo
A




Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar