Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Must have cosmetics for summer 2017

It's cooking hot outside and I've been searching for the best products for on my side during these tough times, from brush on sunblock to the scent of French rose after a cool summer shower, these products will serve the needs that come with sizzling hot days for beauty lovers who don't like compromising.



1. Dior Nude Air Luminizing Powder

My first pick is a highlighter, a bit ironic since I'm constantly blotting my sweaty face during these hot days. I just find it so light and fresh, and the effect is almost that of a cream highlighter without the extra mess.

2. Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in Pink Punch

My second pick is a bold fuchsia lipstick with a matte finish. It's the perfect dupe for Mac's Girl About Town (which was used on Elle Woods in Legally Blonde and therefore makes me feel girly and fun right away). This color is quite strong but can be patted on gently for a natural effect, with some gloss on top or not, or built up to a full on dark pink lip.

3. Caudalie Rose de Vigne Gel Douche

I'm totally into Caudalie and this shower gel is absolutely amazing. It means 'rose of the vigne' but it doesn't smell too much of rose, it has that 'rose after rain' kind of scent, a little bit like a sandelwood touch. The wonderful natural scent lingers all day and it feels especially fresh after a cold shower. It refreshes the mind, doesn't contain parabens and is partly organic.

4. Guerlain Terracotta Sun Trio Bronzer

This is a new bronzer by Guerlain which I waited for before buying my first ever high end bronzer. I haven't used it yet but I can't wait since it looks super finely pressed and cool in shade. The shades are meant to be mixed together because the different shades are too small to use seperately. Thumbs down to Ici Paris though. I spend 100 euros and only get one 30 euro purchase stamp to save for their discount! Ugh.

5. By Terry Terrybly Densiliss in Sexy Pink

With this complicated name, this blush is one of the prettiest I've seen in a long time. The name Sexy Pink fits perfectly since it has a peachy, neutral shade and cushion carving. It comes with a velvet pouch and a pretty applicator.

6. Clinique Airbrush Concealer

This is the best concealer I've ever tried (I've tried all drugstore concealers and this was my first 'high end' and I loved it'). It's light, pigmented and the shade is light enough.

7. Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet

This light moisturiser will be great for underneath makeup, for that quick quenching of your skin's thirst.

8. Guerlain Vernis Nail Lacquer (three times the same word) in e.g. Gemma

For pretty and pearly nail polish I would try the ones by Guerlain. Also recommended: Essie!

9. Vichy Mattifying Fluid UV 30

Here's where it gets interesting, what does a beauty lover wear underneath her makeup when it comes to sunscreen? Isn't it oily and doesn't it move? Well here's the solution. Vichy comes with a great face protector with an ultra dry finish (I tried it and it makes my skin feel even drier than before, and it doesn't ball up or move, or shine).

10. Vichy Dermablend Foundation

I'm still in search for a foundation that works for me, and I gambled for Vichy at the pharmacy despite not being able to test properly there, but I was so glad with Vichy all the time that I wanted to choose for them, and I did not regret it. With this foundation I only need a tiny bit, plus it's mega light (some foundations are so gooy it takes ages to blend), the shade fits my skin perfectly, it covers perfectly and it feels like wearing nothing!

11. Essence All About Matt! Oil Control Paper

What would I do without blotting paper. I have had severe adrenal fatigue which sometimes gave me the oiliest face. I could stick my face full of these papers and they wouldn't fall off. It's good to use these before blotting with your 50 euro powder and sponge.

12. BrushOnBlock

I was wondering how I'm supposed to re-apply UV protection when I wear makeup. I could spray some UV face protection but I don't want to try 20 different oily and milky brands only to be dissappointed, so I immediately looked further and found the solution: a powder sun block. Now, this was only available on Amazon for me and it did cost a little, but I'm glad I found it. It takes two layers and I hope this stuff isn't orange! Damn I need to Google more before I buy!

13. Lancaster Sun Beauty SPF 50

I've always wanted a Lancaster product, and now I have two (yeah, I'm shopping so much that I'm buying the same things double by accident). It's a dry oil with a very high protection which is great for me and my stupid hives from the heat.

I think I'm all set now! Ready to discover more of course ;)

x

Helena

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar