I personally prefer brushes with synthetic bristles over those made of animal hair. I find animal hair scratchy and they shed a lot. I want something smooth and soft, without having to worry that the bristles will irritate the skin. So almost all my brushes are synthetic except for my stippling brushes with partial animal hair. And please, love the animals, not make them bald!!! :P
What I like:
- This brush is unbelievably soft and not in any way scratchy.
- Bristles are made of synthetic taklon and recycled tin (for the base) so this is eco-friendly, thus, the name EcoTools.
- I mentioned I have been using this for over a year now and it has not shed a single hair. I never experienced having tiny stray hairs on my face with this brush. Absolutely no shedding.
- It does not bleed every time I wash it.
- Picks up and deposits powder evenly (of course, by buffing it) and provides light -medium coverage depending on your desired coverage.
- Not as dense as other kabuki brushes and therefore ideal for light dusting of powders. Can be used to have lighter coverage from those foundations that are heavy.
- The size of this brush is really cute and can easily fit in purses since this is small - around 2 inches.
- Can be used on foundation (pressed or loose), blushes, and finishing powders (some even use it for bronzers).
- Has never irritated my skin the way brushes with animal hairs did (Yes, I have used a couple of brushes with animal hairs when I was starting out with makeup).
What I don't like:
- The top of this baby buki has become flat (could be that I buff too hard?).
- Be extra careful with this brush as it might break off just like what happened to Nikki's. :(
- Cannot be purchased individually as this is part of a set. However, if you want just a kabuki brush from EcoTools, you can try their retractable kabuki which is denser.
- Not locally available at malls but you can buy them from resellers.
Overall rating: 4/5
Will I buy again? Yes but I don't need an entire brush set so I might try baby kabuki brushes from other brands. I have been itching to try the Charm mini kabuki and I might buy one soon so I can have something to alternate this brush with.
Size compared to a MAC lipstick.
Really cute and small. My hands look bigger when holding this brush.
What's your favorite kabuki brush?
Happy Thursday, super awesome peeps! :P





0 Yorumlar